First of all, I wanted to let you know about a giveaway that is happening today over at Sarah Jane Studios. You could win a free Ultimate Package as well as some other goodies. So don't miss out!
Okay, next up, Christmas Music! Every year for the past 12 years one of my dearest friends Johanna and I do a Christmas album exchange. We basically tell each other what we want and buy the albums of choice for one another...it's such a fun tradition and now that she is in Connecticut and I'm on the other side of the country here in Utah, it means even more.
So I thought I'd share some of all time favorite albums with you and hope that you will share some of yours with me!
1. Carpenters - A Christmas Collection. (I grew up listening to this one but have to say that it is by far one of the best albums out there. So tastefully and beautifully done...LOVE IT)
2. John Denver - Rocky Mountain Christmas. I grew up with John too...I love Johnny and this album doesn't disappoint. Such a classic. (I once got into a concert of his for free...the last concert in Reno before he passed away...it was an amazing night).
3. Sarah McLaughlin - Wintersong. I picked this one last year and LOVE it. So beautiful.
4. Celine Dion - These Are the Special Times. Rich music...so good. I love Celine, my brothers hate Celine so I guess you either love her or hate her...I can't imagine how you could not love her and I'm thankful my Jeff feels the same.
5. Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Ring Christmas Bells with Brian Stokes Mitchell. I grew up with the Choir and Jeff and I actually were in the audience for this one with Brian Stokes Mitchell. It was breathtaking...literally. It couldn't be Christmas without this one.
6. Jewel - Joy, A Holiday Collection. The song I dedicated to Jeff ("Face of Love" - my brother Micah and Camille sang this) on our wedding night is in the collection. On a few of the songs Jewel's mom sings along. Seriously such a gem.
7. James Taylor - At Christmas. I just love James Taylor so of course James Taylor singing Christmas songs works for me. It's a good one.
8. Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas. This is one I never thought I love but I lived with a roommate who loved it and it seriously grew on me. Now I adore it. I haven't heard her newest Christmas album have you? What did you think?
9. Johnny Mathis - Christmas with Johnny. I grew up with this one too. I just love his voice and style. Another one I couldn't live without during the holidays.
10. Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song. Jeff and I had the chance to hear Natalie with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir last year. She spent a lot of time talking about her dad and the songs he sang and what it meant to him and their family. Pretty cool. Of course the album is a classic and so great.
This year Johanna chose Glee's Christmas (never seen the show but she said the music is great) and I picked David Archuleta's Christmas album (so many have said it's really good...I think I'll like it).
OK, now it's your turn! Please, tell me at least one of the albums you can't live with out during the holiday season.