Micah, Music and The Super Bowl

                                                                            Source: artsoulphoto.com via Hannah on Pinterest


I am a very lucky person in that I have been surrounded by beautiful music all of my life.  My parents always had something wonderful, fun, engaging playing in our home.  I remember as a young child listening to music in the car with my Dad and him encouraging me to identify what instruments were playing.  Unfortunately, I never really learned to do much but sing and play a little penny whistle.  My brothers on the other hand, can make magic out of music.
 Two of them are wedding singers on the side :)
The Gatsbys: Grant (not my brother by blood but in spirit), Cedric and Micah

Micah in particular has made music his living.  He was hired by our local PBS station, KBYU recently to do a whole bunch of music for their "Beehive Stories" segments and "The Generations Project".  He also does all of the "in-between" music on that channel.  It's so fun to be watching a show with the girls (we watch a lot of  PBS in the mornings) and then hear them exclaim "That's Micah's music!"   Most of his short "in-between" segments include him humming...I love his humming...it calms my soul.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some of his stuff with you.

One really cool thing that happened: He did a commercial for Big O tires and it actually aired during the Super Bowl!  I'm not a football fan but it's kind of a big deal...I've posted it here (if you take a moment to listen, you can hear him singing).


This is one of the many he did for the "Beehive Stories" airing on PBS right now:


Zion's National Park pt.2 from Micah Dahl Anderson on Vimeo.

Wanna hear more?  Check out his Blog and enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Hannah! that's amazing! does he do all the instrumentation and recording himself? beautiful. definitely checking out his blog :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, way to go Micah!! Perseverance pays off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a talented family. What lovely music he's making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe. Thanks Hannah. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get your hugging arms ready, because I'm a comin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, such memories! I remember having music nights and putting on the "beats" record (I don't remember what it was called) and each of us got to pick out an instrument and play along with the beat of the music.
    Micah is so good with music! I especially loved the Big O tires commercial. (My kids only heard the part about Disneyland.) I love all his music.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time to say something.