Announcing 2013's Outfit of the Month Theme...

I'm so excited about this line!  I'm calling it Girls Around the World.  I started these outfits about two years ago and just never got around to finishing them.  I have about five completed and would love requests for the rest so if you have a favorite country/culture you'd like to see, leave a comment or send me an email and I'll consider it.  January's outfit comes all the way from Korea!


I did a bit of google research for this so who knows how accurate it is.  What I found is that this smock is called a "Hwarot".  It is traditional Korean clothing worn during the Goryeo and Joseon Dynasty by royal women for ceremonial occasions or by commoners for weddings.  I'm sure there are many Korean readers out there who may know more or may think I got it all wrong. :)  If you are Korean or know more about the culture, please share!

If you haven't signed up yet for the Outfit of the Month Club, I'm extending the sale for the next week so do it soon!


14 comments:

  1. Nice!! You are so talented, Hannah!! Japan and Holland/Netherlands just because they are my kid's main ethnic backgrounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to do girls around the world. How about Mexico? or Belizian? or Russian?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holland, Scotland, Ireland, just to name a few. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say Korea!!! We call their traditional outfits "hanbok", and they wear little rubber shoes too. So cute! Lucy had a little one of these when she was a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I love this so much! I am so excited to see what else you come up with. I love this way of introducing kids to different cultures. I love all the traditional European clothes, but I also love some of the exciting outfits from Asia and Polynesia. Tonga has a gorgeous traditional outfit (look up tupenu, kofu, and kiekie) and a Hawaiian Mu'umu'u would be fun. I also adore the Mongolian deel and any clothes from India are beautiful. Also, how do I find out when my outfit of the month subscription expires because I don't want to miss any of this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to see one for Ukraine-we adopted my daughter from there in May! Also, I'd love to see some differently-abled kid choices for dolls at some point if you ever need more ideas! My Amerikrainian daughter has down syndrome, and it would be so lovely to have dolls that fit her features later. Also, dolls with wheelchairs would be so appreciated! I bet there's a pretty large untapped market of people who would buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to add my Ukrainian and Russian in, but others also think those are a good idea, so I'll just add my seconds to those motions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my favorite! I would love to see the Philippines, Kenya, and Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hawaii? I know that's not necessarily "around the world" but it would be fun...something island-y.

    Love this stuff. Ellie is enjoying her so much right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to see some Swedish outfits. Super cute paper dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Norway, Sweden, Finland, Germany, and Switzerland. :)

    Anything would be lovely though!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to see something from Bulgaria. I brought my little beauty home from there last May. Also, my daughter has a prosthetic leg and some uniquely arranged fingers. I love what someone said above about differently abled dolls. I'd love to have one customized with a prosthetic leg at some point if that's even possible -- and I'd love to order any dolls you made in wheelchairs or otherwise specially created. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time to say something.